PITTSBURGH INJURY ATTORNEYS
Medical malpractice is when an individual sustains an injury due to the failure of a physician, nurse, therapist, or some other healthcare professional to properly treat the individual. There are many ways in which an individual may be a victim of medical malpractice. Here are some examples:
- A healthcare provider’s failure to properly treat a medical condition
- A surgeon’s failure to properly perform surgery
- A physician’s failure to diagnose a medical condition
- A physician misdiagnoses an individual
- A physician or nurse’s failure to properly administer the right medication
- A physician or nurse’s failure to prescribe or administer medication in the right dosage
- A healthcare provider’s failure to obtain an informed consent by the individual to perform treatment
- A hospital or nursing home’s failure to take the appropriate precautions to prevent an individual from falling
Many individuals do not even know that they may be victims of medical malpractice. If you believe that you or a family member may be a victim of medical malpractice, please call Rudberg Law Offices, LLC for a free consultation.
All lawsuits involving medical malpractice must be filed within two (2) years of the date of the malpractice or within two (2) years of the date the victim knew or reasonably should have known that he or she was a victim of medical malpractice. However, there are special requirements that must be met when filing a lawsuit for medical malpractice, which makes it very important that the victim seek legal assistance as soon as possible.
For additional information, you may find the following link useful:
Otherwise, call our Pittsburgh personal injury office for additional information.