Pedestrian Accidents in Western PA
Pittsburgh injury attorneys
The Pittsburgh personal injury attorneys at Rudberg Law Offices, LLC provide sophisticated and innovative legal services for almost any type of injury including pedestrian injuries.
Children and the elderly are most at risk of suffering an injury in pedestrian accidents, and injuries caused by negligent drivers account for the majority of catastrophic injuries and death.
Driver negligence can include:
- An inattentive or pre-occupied driver, which is often caused by driving while talking on a cell
- Phone, text messaging, playing with the radio, or talking with passengers in the car
- A driver’s failure to observe posted speed limits
- A driver’s failure to yield the right of way to pedestrians at marked cross walks or intersections
- A driver negligently turning at an intersection
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Pedestrians who are hit by cars, trucks, or motorcycles may have a claim against the driver but they must prove that the driver was negligent and his negligence caused the accident. However, pedestrians must also adhere to the laws of the road.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, contact Rudberg Law Offices, LLC for a free consultation. All lawsuits involving a pedestrian injury must be filed within two (2) years of the date of injury, however it is always most helpful to contact an attorney as soon as possible.
For additional information, you may find the following links useful:
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- General Pedestrian Safety Article from PennDOT
Contact a skilled accident lawyer in Pittsburgh
If you have been injured in any type of accident caused by the careless or wrongful actions of others, call the Pittsburgh lawyers of Rudberg Law Offices, LLC for assistance at (412) 488-6000, (866) 306-2667, or complete our quick contact web form.