Go to main navigation
Main Office: 2107 Sidney Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15203
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION 412-488-6000 1-866-306-2667 412-488-6000 1-866-306-2667

It is necessary to notify both your own car insurance company and the insurance company for the other driver as soon as possible. Both companies will commence an investigation into the cause of the accident. Sometimes it is necessary to conduct an investigation of the accident involving investigators and even engineering experts. You will need to make an application to your own company for first party benefits so that your medical bills can be promptly paid. Any claim for compensation due to personal injury must be filed within two (2) years. In order to adequately protect your rights, it is advisable to seek legal counsel promptly.

No-fault means that your medical bills will be paid by your own insurance company regardless of who caused the accident. This ensures that payment of your medical bills will not be delayed pending determination of fault.

If it is determined that the at-fault party had no insurance coverage for the accident, and if you have “uninsured” coverage on your policy, a claim will need to be made to your own insurance company for “uninsured” benefits.

If your car accident occurred while you were in the course of your employment, you must immediately report the incident to your supervisor. Cases involving a work injury can be complicated, and it is important to seek legal advice to be sure that all your rights are protected and all filing deadlines are met.

There is a 2-year statute of limitations for any claim for personal injury in Pennsylvania. If there is liability on the part of the Commonwealth or a government subdivision, formal written notice must be given within six (6) months. Other exceptions can apply; so, it is important to consult with an attorney as soon as possible to be sure your rights are protected.

This can vary from several months to several years depending on the complexity of the accident and the extent of medical treatment.

Some cases can be resolved out of court. If not, it is necessary to file a complaint in the appropriate court. This process can be complex, and it is recommended that you seek legal advice as soon as possible.

The surgery becomes part of your claim for damages if it is documented by your doctors that the surgery was necessary because of injuries suffered in the car accident. It is important to notify all health care providers that you were involved in a car accident.

Not if you were not at fault for the accident.

This question depends on many factors including the nature of the other driver’s liability and the extent of the injuries. The danger is that an early settlement will not reflect the full value of your claim. It is recommended that your case be evaluated by legal counsel so that you will be able to seek the full extent of damages available under the law. If you carry the full tort option on your car insurance, you are entitled to make a claim for pain and suffering and other non-economic damages. If you have the limited tort option, you are generally restricted to economic losses only. Certain exceptions to limited tort apply in some cases, and these can be evaluated by your attorney.

Because it is so important to conduct an early investigation into the accident, it is advised that you seek legal advice as soon as possible. The first thing to do is obtain the contact information and insurance coverage for the other driver. It is also helpful to obtain a copy of the police report once it is available.

Obtain the contact information for the other driver and the trucking company as well as their insurance coverage. These accidents can require experts to conduct accident reconstruction. Therefore, seek legal advice as soon as possible.

Yes you should report your car accident to your insurance company.

Yes you should go to the doctor after a car accident.

Yes you should talk to the police after a car accident.

This has to be determined from the police report and many other factors including the statements of any witnesses and the factors leading up to the accident.

Report this to your own car insurance company immediately so that you can determine whether you are entitled to uninsured benefits under your own policy.

You may be entitled to bring a claim in Products Liability against the manufacturer or distributer of the part. Any claim for Products Liability must be filed within two (2) years of the injury. These cases require an early investigation and expert analysis; so, if you have reason to believe a defective product may have caused or contributed to your accident, contact an attorney as soon as possible. It is important to preserve the product so that it can be inspected and photographed.