Go to main navigation
Main Office: 2107 Sidney Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15203
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION 412-488-6000 1-866-306-2667 412-488-6000 1-866-306-2667


If you are a victim in an automobile accident, you may be entitled to money for your losses and/or pain and suffering.

If you have been in a car accident, you should call your insurance agent to report it and then you should call Rudberg Law Offices, LLC for a free consultation. Rudberg Law Offices, LLC will walk you through every step of the process, from the insurance reports to settlement negotiations or jury trial.

The law allows an injured victim to be compensated for loss of wages, medical expenses, property damage to their vehicle, pain and suffering and mental anguish.  The extent of the damages an injured victim may be able to collect can depend on the victim’s own type of car insurance policy:

  • Full Tort Liability
  • Limited Tort Liability
  • Uninsured Motorist Coverage
  • Underinsured Motorist Coverage

Full Tort Liability

If you chose this option on your car insurance, then in the event of injuries to you at the fault of another, you have retained the ability to sue the at-fault person for damages beyond simply recouping expenses for medical bills and loss of income.   This option is generally more expensive but does allow you to sue the driver at fault for pain and suffering and other monetary damages.

Limited Tort Liability

If you chose this option on your car insurance, then you are most likely limited to damages for recovery of monetary loss incurred through medical expenses and time off from work.  However, there are exceptions to the limited tort option such as when a drunk driver was at fault for your injuries.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM)

If you chose this option, it is extremely beneficial when the at-fault driver has no car insurance to pay for your injuries.  In Pennsylvania, drivers are required to have car insurance, but many cannot afford it, so your car insurance policy will act in place of the at-fault driver’s and pay out to you for your injuries.

Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UIM)

If you chose this option, it assists you in recovering the full amount needed for your injuries.  In Pennsylvania, drivers are required to have car insurance, so this leads many to simply purchase the cheapest, legal policy available.  Most of these only pay $15,000.00 towards injuries to another.  In this situation, where the at-fault driver is under-insured, your car insurance policy will make up the monetary difference between what the at-fault driver’s policy paid and what was actually needed for your injuries.

Investigation by the Insurance Company

Once the accident has been reported, the insurance companies will have professionals start an investigation. Often the insurance company for the other party will request that you give a recorded statement. You should speak to an attorney before providing such a statement. Although this statement may seem harmless, you must remember that what you say will be used against you.

Insurance companies are in the business of making money. It is not in their interest to pay you any more than need be and will often take advantage of unrepresented claimants. Rudberg Law Offices, LLC will fight to get you a fair settlement.

Statute of Limitation

All lawsuits involving an injury sustained in a motor vehicle accident must be filed within two (2) years of the date of the accident, however it is always most helpful to contact an attorney as soon as possible.

If you have any questions about any type of injury, please feel free to contact Attorney Signe Rudberg or Don Rudberg, Coordinator at RUDBERG LAW OFFICES, toll free at 1.866.306.2667 or email at [email protected].