Do’s and Don’ts To Follow After An Auto Accident
If you find yourself involved in a vehicular accident, there are a few things that you should do and some that you should avoid. The auto accident attorneys at Rudberg Law would like you to know which actions to take and which to avoid after an accident.
- Contact the police.
- Call 911 or get medical assistance, if needed.
- Contact an experienced auto accident attorney because you will want to get the incident on record. You will want access to an experienced attorney to guide you through the process to come. There is no cost for consultation. You will also want protection in the event of delayed symptoms or injury resulting from the accident
– Do not give any statements to an insurance company without an attorney.
- Don’t try to represent yourself against an insurance company. They have the resources, knowledge and experience that most people lack.
- Don’t wait to file a claim. In Pennsylvania, lawsuits involving an injury sustained in an auto accident must be filed within two years of the date of the accident.
Why You Need An Auto Accident Attorney
A person making a claim against an alleged at fault driver must show evidence of his or her injuries and other monetary losses to be compensated. An experienced personal injury attorney can assess if there is sufficient cause to file a lawsuit.
An attorney can also manage the documentation, provide access to investigators and deal with insurance companies. Having an attorney will also help, should the victim develop a Post Traumatic injury. Finally, a seasoned attorney has the knowledge and experience to advise clients on choosing trial or out of court settlement.
If you have been involved in an auto accident in the greater Pittsburgh area or throughout the Western Pennsylvania area, contact the skilled and experienced attorneys at Rudberg Law Offices, LLC at 866-306-2667 for assistance or complete our quick contact web form .