Recovering For Painful And Costly Burn Injuries
If you or a loved one has sustained a burn injury due to the negligence of another party, you need the assistance of a Pennsylvania personal injury attorney. Many burn injury victims face a lengthy and difficult road to recovery. Your lawyer can fight the insurance companies, employers and other negligent parties on your behalf, so you can focus on your health.
Many people associate burn injuries with residential fires. However, burn injuries can occur in numerous ways, such as:
- Contact with fire or flame: Fire may be the result of a burning building or residence, an exploding vehicle or by flames used at your worksite.
- Scalding injuries: You skin can be severely injured by scalding steam, boiling water or spilled hot coffee or tea. Senior citizens and young children are most susceptible to scalding injuries.
- Thermal burns: Serious burns can be caused by contact with fiery objects, like ovens or irons. Children are especially at risk for thermal burns.
- Electrical burns: The inadvertent contact with electricity can cause a burn injury. Electrical burns often result in wrongful death claims.
- Chemical burns: Acids, strong bases such as alkaloids or solvents, gasoline or other chemicals can cause burn injuries. A chemical burn may be noticeable immediately or it can take time to become apparent.
- Other causes: Other burns can be caused by sun burn, fireworks, friction, inhalation, tanning beds, X-rays and other harmful sources.
A skilled injury attorney at Rudberg Law Offices, LLC can thoroughly investigate and review the circumstances surrounding your accident to determine whether you have a premises liability claim, workers’ compensation claim or some other type of cause of action.