Legal Assistance with Medical Malpractice Issues in Pittsburgh, PA
Representing clients injured by doctor and hospital mistakes
We rely on doctors and other medical professionals to help us when we are sick or hurt. Unfortunately, doctors sometimes make mistakes. Because we put our lives in their hands, there is great potential for injury or harm when a healthcare professional makes an error. Victims of surgical errors, medication errors or misdiagnosis can suffer serious injury or declining health. In some cases, medical malpractice can be deadly. The attorneys at Rudberg Law Offices, LLC represent families and individuals in the Pittsburgh and Western and Central area who have been affected by a doctor’s mistakes.
Understanding the types of medical malpractice
Medical malpractice means that an individual sustains an injury due to the failure of a physician, nurse, therapist or some other healthcare professional to properly treat the individual. There are many ways in which an individual may be a victim of medical malpractice, including:
- Failure to diagnose. For many diseases, it is essential to undergo treatment immediately. When a doctor fails to diagnose a condition, it can go untreated, leading to a worsening of that condition.
- Misdiagnosis. When a doctor makes the wrong diagnosis, a patient will not get the treatment they need. Additionally, a misdiagnosis can mean undergoing harmful treatment or surgery for a condition that they do not even have.
- Surgical errors. Surgeons make a frightening variety of errors. Sometimes they operate on the wrong body part or even the wrong person. They make mistakes during the surgery which cause unnecessary damage or require additional surgery. In some cases, foreign objects are left inside of patients’ bodies, causing serious harm over time.
- Medication errors. When a doctor writes a prescription incorrectly, a nurse reads it wrong or a pharmacist makes a mistake, the consequences can be dire. If not enough medication is given, it may not be effective. If too much is given, a patient can overdose. When the wrong medication is dispensed or administered, a patient can suffer side effects. Failure to pay attention to the interactions between drugs may lead to serious complications.
- Hospital errors. Administrative mistakes can lead to medication and surgical errors. Hospitals can also be held accountable for poor hiring practices, poor training or understaffing.
Our Pittsburgh personal injury lawyers help victims of all types of medical malpractice and doctor errors.
Holding medical professionals and facilities responsible
Pennsylvania’s medical malpractice laws allow doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals to be held liable for their actions. When they fail to live up to the standard of what is expected from a professional of their type and you are harmed, you may have a valid negligence claim. Additionally, it is possible to hold medical facilities responsible for certain types of errors. Hospitals are responsible for certain mistakes and elder care facilities can be held liable for nursing home abuse and neglect. Our attorneys take on all types of doctors and medical companies to get our clients justice.
Time limits on Pennsylvania medical malpractice lawsuits
All lawsuits involving medical malpractice must be filed within two years of the date of the malpractice or within two years of the date the victim knew, or reasonably should have known, that he or she was a victim of medical malpractice. However, there are special requirements that must be met when filing a lawsuit, which makes it very important that the victim seek assistance from our legal team as soon as possible.
Contact a Pittsburgh medical malpractice lawyer today
If you believe that you or a family member may be a victim of medical malpractice, please contact Rudberg Law Offices, LLC to schedule a free consultation. Our experienced malpractice attorneys litigate claims in Pittsburgh and throughout Pennsylvania. Call us today at 866-306-2667 or contact us online.
“So helpful. I had an issue a few years ago that required surgery but did not end up being a comp case. They were still able to help me get the company to put in ergonomic desks and chairs.”
-Keli ★★★★★ Review From Facebook
“I have known Don for years. Anytime I had questions Rudberg Law has always called me back with a reply. I respect that and I trust Don because of his humble beginnings-Steelworker!”
-Trebor ★★★★★ Review From Facebook