Defective Products in Western PA
Pittsburgh injury lawyers
Today, we will never meet the people who manufacture almost all of the products we rely upon in our day-to-day lives. Sadly and all too often, these products are sold in defective conditions that render them unsafe and lead to unnecessary harm and injuries. Products can be defective in several ways:
- Defective in Design – Manufacturers may fail to take into account how customers actually will use their products resulting in unsafe and hazardous conditions. Manufacturers may also fail to provide easily added safety features in order to reduce their costs.
- Defective in their Manufacture – Manufacturers may employ faulty processes and techniques during a product’s manufacture that renders it unsafe for its intended or anticipated use. Manufacturers may also use raw materials that are inappropriate in strength or character for the intended product.
- Defective in their Marketing or Sale – Many times, manufacturers and those responsible for selling their products fail to provide clear and easy-to-understand warnings regarding their products’ potential dangers. Their products’ instructions or labeling may be incorrect, incomplete or misleading.
Any product has the potential to be a defective product, including exercise equipment, children’s toys, vehicle tires, ladders, and tools.
Lawsuits regarding defective products are among the most complicated of those in our legal system. The attorneys at Rudberg Law Offices, LLC collectively have decades of experience in representing injured persons. We possess comprehensive knowledge of all state and federal laws regarding the safe use of consumer products in order to recover maximum damages for our clients.
If you believe that you have been injured due to a defective product, if possible, please save the product and any packaging it came in. It is also important to save any instruction booklets or information that accompanied the product. Whether you are able to save all, a portion, or none of the product, be sure to seek legal representation as soon as possible. A lawsuit may only be filed within two (2) years of the date of injury sustained by the defective product.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury because of a dangerous or defective product, contact Rudberg Law Offices, LLC for a free consultation.
For additional information, you may find the following links useful:
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Safety Recalls – to search whether your vehicle has been involved in a recall
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Recall and Product Safety News:
Contact a skilled accident lawyer in Pittsburgh
If you have been injured in any type of accident caused by the careless or wrongful actions of others, call the Pittsburgh accident attorneys of Rudberg Law Offices, LLC for assistance at (412) 488-6000, (866) 306-2667, or complete our quick contact web form.